- This event has passed.
New Laws Affecting Employers in 2018 & The ABC’s of Leave of Absences
October 25, 2018 @ 7:30 am - 11:30 am
Instructor: Roxana Verano
“New Laws Affecting Employers in 2018”
- Salary History during the hiring process
- Criminal History during the hiring process
- Navigating Federal and State Immigration Related Laws
- New expansion of the parental leave law
- The Labor Commissioner is given broad, new investigative powers
- New anti-harassment training requirements
- New required Postings
- General Contractors liable for subcontractors’ failure to pay wages and benefits
- Minimum wage increases depend on the size of the employer and geographical location
“The ABC’s of Leave of Absences”
- Learn which paid sick leave laws to apply to your business.
- Discover how the FMLA, CFRA, PDL and Workers’ Compensation leaves interact with one another.
- A review of your obligations to provide pregnancy disability leave.
- Learn what to do when an employee needs a leave of absence due to a workers’ compensation injury.
- Know your obligations to provide a reasonable accommodation to a disabled employee.
- How to properly engage in the interactive process.