- This event has passed.
Change Order Requests and Change Order Management
September 14 @ 7:30 am - 11:30 am
Instructor: Chip Ossman
Friday, September 14, 2018
7:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
This session is primarily directed to current and potential project managers of all experience levels. However, all office and field personnel, including upper management, will find the session worthwhile.
Changes on a construction project are a matter of practical reality. Though changes are an inevitable part of the construction process, they need not and should not dominate the project’s execution. This seminar provides practical tips and techniques for the proper handling and management of change order requests, change orders, and claims. Topics to be discussed include:
|· Making sure you have the entire contract, and how to use it
· Types of changes
· Change administration
· Incorporation in the contract
· Full and final considerations
|· Pricing methodologies
· Proof of delay
· Disruption and inefficiency
· Direct cost calculations
· Extended overhead calculations
· Death by a 1,000 cuts
· Total cost – 4 prongs of proof
· Inefficiency and loss of productivity costs
· What to do when the general won’t forward your claim
· Segregating claims against the general from claims against the owner