Cal Poly Pomona Mechanical Contractors Association of America (MCAA) Student Chapter is an exciting association built to help students learn about the mechanical contracting industry. Students have the unique opportunity to meet and interact with members of the mechanical contracting industry through quarterly events. There are also many projects completed annually that offer unparalleled real life examples of jobs and daily tasks accomplished in industry. Students have the opportunity to learn and apply skills to further i
Improve their understanding and knowledge in the mechanical contracting industry.
Student Chapter members attend the May 25, 2016 Go-Karting Event @ K1 Speed in Anaheim. Photos here!
View resumes of Cal Poly
Pomona MCAA students
MCAA gives students the opportunity of acquiring many of the following skills critical to the mechanical contracting industry.
- Submittal collecting and assembly
- HVAC wet and dry side takeoffs
- Plumbing takeoffs
- HVAC material and labor pricing
- Plumbing material and labor pricing
- Experience with 2-D and 3-D drawings
- Basic design of HVAC and Plumbing systems
- Understanding LEED systems and designs
- Proposal assembly
- Oral bid presentations
- Service plan pricing
- And much more!